Sunday, August 2, 2009

Cold War, Cold Beer



Had a wonderful dinner with some good friends on Friday night. We were all venting about "The Messiah." I said something like, "Obama. The Beer Summit. I mean, Yalta, YALTA!!"

My friend Matt chimes in, "Reikevick!"

I counter "A beer in the Rose Garden. I don't get it, I don't get it! The Cold War. Reagan ENDED The Cold War! "

Matt then says profoundly, "One ends the Cold War, the other drinks Cold Beer"

It was the press who dubbed this the "Beer Summit", but it was squarely Obama's idea.
This guy is the community-organizer-in Chief all right, the minutia he gets into..."You should change your light bulbs", "I want Michigan to weatherize its houses", "The police in Cambridge acted Stupidly".

Obama makes Jimmy Carter, (a notorious micro-manager and small-idea guy,) look like Jack Welch.

1 comment:

Cool Gal said...

Isn't that the truth?!