Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Top Doc

At was at my OB/GYN's office today and one of the nurses mentioned he was featured on abcnews.com

Here's the article called "Recession Angels".

His practice is providing free medical treatments to existing patients who have lost their health insurance due to a job loss.

Dr. Tony Shibley is one of the best Docs in the Twin Cities. When I moved up here from Atlanta in the summer of '04, he was the only doctor out of about five that I contacted who offered to meet me for a free face-to-face consult. (And I didn't even have to drop in that I'm a doctor's wife). I was pregnant with the girls and wanted to understand a physician's approach to delivering twins before I signed onto their practice. All of the other docs either wanted to charge me for the consult or wanted to have me come in for an appointment first.

That's how competition works and now he's going to be delivering a second set of twins for us. (I guess this is the right time to inform my readers about that aspect of my life...I'm expecting identical twin boys in May...don't ask me the odds of having two sets of twins because I really don't know).

What a great program he's offering through his private practice-- all without one ounce of government intervention.

4 comments:

BLC :o said...

That is just fantastic. Thanks for sharing. Xoxo-BLC

liz said...

All is right in the world again - so glad you're back to blogging! I think your readers were going through withdrawal.

And I can't wait to meet those twin boys.

Ginny said...

congratulations :)

Jim said...

Sounds like a great doc!

Don't give the government too many ideas about free health care or they'll mandate that all doctors start to do this.