Tuesday, December 9, 2008

President Bush and his Faith

I thought this was a great interview last night on Nightline with President Bush about his faith. (The poster includes a little rip on the President at the end of the clips). Oh well.

I share the President's views on faith although I didn't share the concept of "Compassionate Conservatism" or Faith-based Initiative-funding. I don't think it's consistent with a political viewpoint of limited government and the word "compassionate" inferred that Republicans weren't so in the first place. If you don't want the government to tell you what to do, don't take money from the government. Although- without a doubt- churches and faith-based charities deliver help to people in need far more effectively than the government can.

The President is a good man and a spiritual man. I'm only sorry that faith is so scary and upsetting to many people in our country.






No comments: