Thursday, December 25, 2008

A Letter to the Editor

Merry Christmas!

My neighbor was published in the Star Tribune today- I'm so proud of young Republicans- it's never easy taking on all the lefty teachers you're exposed to along the way. (He goes to Eden Prairie High School and has a big lib as a history teacher- imagine!)

MAN OF THE YEAR

Barack Obama hasn't accomplished much yet

Every year my history teacher gives us extra credit if we guess who is going to be Time magazine's person of the year. This year, however, he did not. He said it was obviously going to be Barack Obama.

He was right, of course, but I am not sure why. What has Obama done for me, or the rest of America? He has given them "hope." Good, but is that hope ever going to be fulfilled? We cannot tell, and I don't think we should think that he is going to be a great hero so early. All he has done is win a presidential election.

GENO LARKIN, EDEN PRAIRIE

When the teacher said that it was obvious that Obama would win- Geno said in class "Why? He hasn't done anything". Simply stated and completely true.

1 comment:

Jim said...

Merry Christmas!