Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Georgia on my mind


Georgia Senator Saxby Chambliss won easily over Dem challenger in today's runoff 58-42%

Spoke with both of my Atlanta-based siblings today- they were among the 20% who turned out to vote. We weren't even worried- Democrats don't show up for these things- they only turned out to vote for Obama. Shows how much their base pays attention. And Georgia is red-red-red. Oh how I miss being able to stand in a grocery store line and say the word "Republican" and not be accosted (as I have been here by crazy local liberals).

I volunteered for the first Chambliss campaign in 2002- I'm happy to see him re-elected. Is there a cooler name in the U.S. Senate?

1 comment:

Goose said...

Lazy, lazy, lazy liberals. Lots of talk, but no action when it counts.