Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Deck the Halls

My male readers may simply skip by this next entry.


My blogging may be a bit less frequent in the upcoming weeks and my guess is that's OK by you. It's "the most wonderful time of the year" and we women-folk are putting up trees, stringing lights, making cookies, getting ready for parties, sending Christmas cards, wrapping presents, entertaining inlaws, taking kids to see Santa, on and on. Yes- the guys help too. But the bulk of the preparation is always on our shoulders. That's a fact jack.

I do have a few fellow "Prepublican" readers of the blog, so I thought I'd put up a few pictures of the house because I love to look at their pictures and see the "themes".

Todd has a manly basement, lots of leather, nailhead trim, wood and navy carpet. That's where his big TV and stereo equipment live. But the rest of the place is my domain and I'm most definitely a girly-girl (poor guy). My dining room and living room are a combination of reds, pinks and lime greens.

I was lucky to have a good friend's mom come over and put up all of the greenery and ribbons this year. She's an amazing talent who worked at a floral shop for years. She found the green and pink ribbon and the great roses.


My talented MIL took some leftover raspberry ribbon from WalMart and tied them on candles and vases throughout the rooms.

And my tree is flocked with purple sparkly poinsettias from Michaels and lots of glass ornaments.




And here's my very favorite ornament- my GOP elephant :)


Enjoy your holiday decorating!

6 comments:

Mary said...

Wow! Betsy's Mom rocks!!! It looks amazing. I have been really lazy this year and still have fall foliage in my window boxes. You have officially shamed me into action.

Cool Gal said...

OMG...Your house looks beautiful!

Are the greens real?

Sheila said...

Yes- she did all of the greens- the roses are fake, but they're good fakes-she's really awesome came up with the whole thing so I can't take credit.

Sheila said...

And she put dried green hydrangeas in too- my favorite.

Tickled Pink And Green said...

Beautiful house!!

Ginny said...

very pretty!